This Privacy Notice sets out how Fort Vale uses and protects any personal information that you give Fort Vale.
Fort Vale is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we ask you for information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We are required by data protection law to give you the information in this Privacy Notice. It is important that you read the Privacy Notice carefully, together with any other similar or additional information that we might give you from time to time about how we collect and use your personal data.
This Privacy Notice applies from 25th May 2018, when the General Data Protection Regulation comes into force. It does not give you any contractual rights. We may update this Privacy Notice at any time.
Who is the controller?
Fort Vale Engineering Ltd. – John Horsfall (IT) & Shaun Laycock (Director)
Fort Vale Nuclear Ltd. – Peter Staveley (General Manager)
Fort Vale B.V. – Ton Stam (General Manager)
The above named persons are data controllers for the purposes of data protection law. These are the people responsible for how we hold and use your personal data.
How do we collect data?
We only hold and use data about you that you have provided us with through correspondence - either face to face, over the phone, in writing, or via our website.
What information is collected from you?
We may collect, process, and keep personal data about you when you interact with us and our products and when you purchase goods and services from us. The personal data we process may include the following information:
• Your name (including any honorifics and/or titles)
• Company and job title
• Copies of correspondence between us
• Preferences and interests
• Contact details, including addresses, email addresses, phone and fax numbers
• Your responses to surveys, offers, promotions, or invitations
• Your payment and delivery details, including billing/delivery addresses and credit card details, where you make purchases from us
We will not collect and keep private/personal contact details, unless you have provided these and asked for them to be used instead of or in addition to your normal business contact details.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold about you.
Controlling your personal information
If you do not want your personal information to be used for direct marketing purposes or, if you have previously agreed to allow this, you can change your mind at any time by writing or emailing us at email@example.com
As a global company, we have locations around the world, we may share your personal information within the group where appropriate. However, we will not pass your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We respect your right to privacy wherever you are located and we apply the standards set out in this notice.
You have a number of legal rights relating to your personal data, which are outlined here:
• The right to make a subject access request.
• The right to request that we correct incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we hold about you.
• The right to request that we delete or remove personal data that we hold about you where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• The right to object to our processing your personal data where we are relying on our legitimate interest (or those of a third party), where we cannot show a compelling reason to continue the processing.
• The right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• The right to request that we transfer your personal data to you or to another party, in a structured format. This right applies in respect of data that you have provided where our legal ground for using the data is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract or that you have consented to us using it (this is known as the right to “data portability”).
If you have any questions or concerns about how your personal data is being used by us, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we use the information we hold?
We use the information which you provide for internal record keeping in relation to our business transactions with you, to understand your needs, and to improve our products and services, including our website. Periodically, we may send you promotional material about our products or services, promotions, offers, or invitations which we think may be of interest to you. From time to time, we might also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
How long will we hold your information?
We will keep your information only as long as it is necessary for legitimate business reasons. We will not retain your contact details, or information about your preferences and interests if we become aware that you are no longer associated with a company with which we do business, unless you ask us to do otherwise. You can ask us to delete this information at any time by writing or emailing us at email@example.com
Use of 'cookies'
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.